The Centre is located on Knapp Island near Sidney, B.C. and is open to the public for day visits. We welcome visitors of all faiths. We have scheduled group prayer, welcome individual prayer, and are available for specially requested ceremonies such as baby blessings, prayers for health or to resolve obstacles, weddings, etc. Please check the Calendar for scheduled events.
SHIN MEI BOAT Want to come at a different time? Please contact us to discuss available times for pickup in the Centre’s boat.
PRIVATE BOAT You are also welcome to bring come in your own boat. Please tie up at the north dock in the bay.
KAYAKS & CANOES We also have visitors arrive by small vessels. There is ample beach area to pull your boat up.
QUESTIONS? Just give us a call or send an email. Telephone 250.656.0755 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Driving Directions to Canoe Cove Marina:
from Pat Bay Hwy, take the last exit before the BC Ferry terminal (Exit 33: Lands End Road)
at the top of the off ramp, continue straight through the intersection.
take your first right after the intersection, which will be Canoe Cove Road
you will drive down a hill. Take the first left, and then immediately on your left will be a gravel parking lot. You may park anywhere in this lot.
WATER TAXI: The water taxi is at the top of Dock E (as you look at the water, Dock E is all the way to the right). Walk down, past Fox & Monacle cafe (great place to eat or grab coffee, btw). Water taxi captain is GUY (pronounced “ghee”). Just look for the vessel that looks like a floating greenhouse!
SHIN MEI BOAT: If you are meeting a boat from the Centre, please wait at the top of Dock A.
PUBLIC Transit Directions
Times are estimated – Please check the current transit schedule for departure times.
From Downtown Victoria
• Catch the bus at the Douglas & Fort stop (Douglas Street in front of RBC Royal Bank)
• Either Bus #72 ~7:30am (scenic route – ride takes about 59min)
• Or Bus #70 ~7:44am (direct route – ride takes about 44min)
• Ride the bus to the Hwy 17 s/b ramp at Land’s End Rd stop (last stop before the ferry terminal just across the overpass) Then follow the walking directions from Land’s End Rd.
From Downtown Sidney
• Catch the bus at the Fifth at Beacon – Sidney Town Centre stop (Fifth street in front of TD Bank)
• Either Bus #72 ~8:24am (scenic route – ride takes about 13min)
• Or Bus #70 ~8:25am (direct route – ride takes about 7min)
• Ride the bus to the Hwy 17 s/b ramp at Land’s End Rd stop (last stop before the ferry terminal just across the overpass). Then follow the walking directions from Land’s End Rd.
From Vancouver (Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal)
• Catch the 7:00am Ferry to Swartz Bay from the Tsawwassen ferry terminal.
• Arrive in Swartz Bay at ~8:35am (If the ferry is late please call 250-656-0755)
• Exit the ferry terminal and walk forward through the parking lot past all the short-term parking zones and long-term parking zones to the very end – all the way to Lot H (~5 min walk).
• The Lot H parking lot will narrow to a point and there is a pedestrian path at the end that will connect with the road leading to the Land’s End Road intersection.
• Turn left and cross the intersection towards the overpass.
• Then follow the walking directions from Land’s End Rd.
Walking from the Hwy 17 s/b ramp at Land’s End Rd stop to Canoe Cove (~10 min walk)
• Once you get off the bus, turn right and walk towards Land’s End Road, then turn left at the corner and cross the overpass.
• Then at the intersection, cross Dolphin Road, and turn left. Walk along dolphin road until you see the “Canoe Cove” sign.
• Then turn right onto Canoe Cove Road. Follow Canoe Cove Road through the forest and down to the Marina.
• The last building on your right is the Fox and Monocle Café and has a public washroom.
• Turn right at the Fox and Monocle Café then walk along the waterfront all the way to the very end of the road (Dock E).
• The water taxi is docked on the left side of the Pacifica Paddle Sports building.
• The water taxi looks like a floating greenhouse.
• The water taxi will depart at 9:00 am, or earlier if all reserved visitors have arrived.
• If you haven’t reserved please call 250-656-0755 by 8:45 am to confirm your spot.